– forwarded from my advisor –
TPRC is an annual conference on communication, information, and internet policy that convenes international and interdisciplinary practitioners and researchers from academia, industry, government, and nonprofit organizations together with policy makers. The 2008 conference will be held September 26 – September 28, 2008 at The National Center for Technology & Law, George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, VA.
TPRC is now soliciting abstracts of papers, student papers, panel proposals, and student posters for presentation at the 2008 conference. Proposals should be based on current theoretical or empirical research relevant to communication and information policy, and may be from any disciplinary perspective. TPRC seeks submissions of disciplinary, comparative, multi-disciplinary or interdisciplinary excellence.
Subject areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to the following (for more detailed descriptions see http://tprcweb.com):
- Network Competition, Policy and Management
- Next Generation and all-IP Networks: Policy, Regulatory, Architectural and Societal Issues
- Spectrum Management and Wireless Futures: Anywhere, Anytime Communications and its Implications
- Societal Issues: Universality and Affordable Access; ICTs for Development and Growth
- The Transformation and Future of Media in an Age of User- and Community-Produced Creativity
- The Transformation and Future of Intellectual Property and Digital Rights
- Privacy, Security, Identity and Trust
- Internet Governance and Institutional Strategies for Information Policy
- Other Emerging Topics
Submissions are due by May 2, 2008. Please see the guidelines for authors for additional information.
With best regards,
Johannes M. Bauer
Johannes M. Bauer
Professor, Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media
Co-Director, Quello Center for Telecommunication Management & Law
Michigan State University
409 Communication Arts and Sciences
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1212
Fixed +1.517.432.8003, mobile +1.517.944.4154, Fax +1.517.432.8065
Web http://www.msu.edu/~bauerj and http://quello.msu.edu